Friday, May 6, 2011

AM

texts btwn my mom & me...

mom: Did you get up for your morning workout?

me: Yes m'am, up at 5:00 am

mom: Hello, hello...what have you done with our daughter??? Dad wants to know if hell froze over?!
____________________

See here's a little breakdown of my history with mornings...

circa 2000-2004 (Ragsdale days): alarm clocks would get ripped out of the wall, possibly thrown if I was feeling extra fiesty. always late for school, snooze button was hit on average of about 10-12 times. would say awful things to anyone that crossed my path on the way to first period. weekends, psh-i was lucky to get up by 2 pm.

WCU: i never saw a minute of daylight before noon. ever.

entered adulthood/career world following graduation: i could muster up enough maturity to actually get up at a respectable hour to get dolled up and make it to work on time. weekends were spent making up for all the lost sleep-wake up around 11:00 + afternoon naps.

present day: i hop out of bed with a smile on my face. i prefer a morning gym session vs. afternoon. i enjoy sipping my coffee while watching the news. i love watering my flowers. i adore the chirping birds that greet me at sunrise.



So yes, mom & dad, I guess hell has froze because I have officially become a morning person...and no one is more surprised about that statement than me.



I saw this quote on a blog that I <3 today and thought it was very fitting:

"Here's the thing about change...it starts with really small steps. It doesn't start as a grand thing. Step outside your comfort zone & go do something you never imagined yourself doing. Go to a place you never imagined yourself going. It will change your life in a good way."
-Jeff Foxworthy

2 comments:

  1. Here's the thing...life is full of surprises! Life is ever changing which makes each and every day so exciting.
    2 Tim 1:7 For god did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline. I love you so much, mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace getting up SUPER early for our volleyball tournaments on weekends = NOT a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete