Monday, November 29, 2010

Let the festivities begin.

Last week = wowza.

I am in looooooove with this time of year. You can smell the excitement in the air. Twinkling lights. Leftovers. Fun movies on tv. Crisp temps.

Ok, so last week was a whirlwind but LOTS of laughter & memory making.

Wednesday: No work for me :) Reunion Dinner @ SR with high school girlfriends. SO great to see them...true testament that people can grow up and go their different directions in life but we will always have a special place in our hearts for each other!

Thursday: Thanksgiving!
My mom & I did our morning tradition of sipping on Mimosas, watching the Macy's Day Parade, and chop/dice/saute all the ingredients for all the fab food we serve later on that day....about 1:00 JWB joined me @ my parents house after an early morning trip in the woods to deer hunt and he helped my dad start frying up the turkeys (insert tummy growl). The rest of the afternoon we just relaxed and waited for the crowd to arrive. Twenty-two people. If MTV was interested in filming another reality tv show, they should have been at my parents house-older folks + the things that come out of their mouth = $$$. Just sayin'.
Thursday night, JWB & I hopped in the car and made our way down to Cola' to meet up with the Baker crew...big thx to Mr. French (soon-to-be bro-in-law) for getting us an awesome room with the most amazing bed I've ever slept in.

Friday: Black Friday shopping with the Baker boys. Lunch with the family + my GORGEOUS baby niece! Seriously people, this pretty little lady is swoon worthy. Baby finger & toes make a heart melt! Late afternoon JWB & I hit the asphalt & headed to the lake house. Stopped by our fave Badin restaurant, Cripple Creek...few cold beers and supper and we were ready for PJ's & tv watching!

Saturday: Scrabble, cold beers, reeeeeelaxing.

Sunday: Finally made is back home. Tackled a mountain of laundry. Christmas decorating-eeeek :). Sunday Supper @ my parents.



I'll end this recap by saying I am one thankful woman. I have a family that doubles as my best friends and as my foundation for all that I am. I have a man who I get to marry in ~7 months. I have friends who I adore and they adore me. Life is sweeeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment